Whatever is.....

... whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things. Philippians 4:8 (NIV)

Thursday, April 10, 2008

I think I bit off more than I can chew....


My sister Lynda and I recently went to lunch at Chantilly tea room. The ambience was adorable and soothing to both of our souls. The display of tea cups delightful and sweet. The food, well lets just say it was so-so.

As we sat and sipped our tea, we discussed plans for what we were going to do for our mom on her birthday and for Mother's day , both being in the month of May. With Chantilly's as inspiration, we came up with the idea for me to have a Afternoon tea party on my front patio. So began the pursuit of mismatched tea cups and china.

First let me say, it wasn't as easy as one might think. I didn't want to pay a lot of money for what I might only use one time. I also didn't want them to be cheep looking. So my sister and I began to haunt ebay, yard sales, Goodwill and Savers. I even placed an ad in the local classifieds.

You know..... I think I bit off more than I can chew!

I would like to thank Jenni Gillmore, who answered my ad and gave me several beautiful cups, saucers and plates.